REDWOOD CITY, CA–(Marketwired – Dec 6, 2016) – Interana, the leader in interactive behavioral analytics for digital businesses, today announced that it surpassed user and revenue goals for the eighth quarter in a row, reporting 135 percent year over year (YOY) growth in Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR). The company also announced new additions to its rapidly expanding customer roster including Microsoft Office, Bleacher Report, Comcast and Hootsuite, among others. With a recent infusion of fresh capital and a growing team of data industry veterans, Interana is poised to dominate the analytics market as digital transformation drives demand for interactive behavioral exploration.
“We launched Interana in 2014, before anyone really understood the value of exploratory, visual access to raw event data to get critical insights into digital behavior,” said Ann Johnson, CEO and Co-founder of Interana. “Now, two years later, we’re seeing the rapid adoption of Interana across both leading edge startups and large enterprise organizations, indicating an acceleration in the emerging behavioral analytics market. We are proud of the success we’ve had in communicating the value of interactive data exploration for digital businesses, and believe 2017 will be another year of high growth and continued success for us and our customers.”
Interana Achieves Rapid YOY Growth
In its second full year in the market, ending September 30, 2016, Interana exceeded company goals in all areas of its business, including sales, product development and recruitment. Top highlights include:
- Grew customer base by 200 percent YOY including the addition of notable brands: Microsoft Office, Bleacher Report, Comcast, Hootsuite, Meitu, Tilt, Teambition, Procore and others.
- Reached an average of 161 users per customer account, including over 1500 at some large accounts and over 50 percent of the employee base at others, showing the extent of the appeal of interactive, exploratory behavioral analytics within the employee base of digital leaders.
- Recorded 135 percent YOY growth in ARR at the end of Q3 2016.
- Launched Interania, an online community that gives the growing Interana user base a platform to exchange best practices for behavioral analytics through discussion forums, blogs and how-to content, as well as earn credentials that extend beyond Interana.
- Raised $18 million in new venture capital led by Vertex Ventures with participation from new investors including Microsoft, and added big data industry veterans Max Schireson and In Sik Rhee to the Interana Board of Directors. This brings the company’s total amount raised to $46.2 million. Investors now include Index Ventures, Battery Ventures, Allen & Company, AME Cloud Ventures, Data Collective and Fuel Capital, in addition to Mike Olson, Diane Greene, Aaron Levie and Harris Barton.
- Bolstered the leadership team with high-profile additions, including Christina Noren as Chief Product Officer, formerly head of product at Splunk from its founding through IPO, and David Sifry as Vice President of Engineering, formerly CEO of Technorati.
- Honored with top industry accolades, including the Edison Awards “Top Market Analytics Platform” and American Business Awards “Tech Startup of the Year,” for Interana’s cutting-edge technology and commitment to innovation.
“Interana’s rapid traction over the past year is evidence of a growing demand for interactive behavioral exploration that can provide rich insight into how digital services are being used,” said Christina Noren, Chief Product Officer at Interana. “With the accelerating pace of digital transformation, there is a fundamental shift in what organizations are looking for from their data analytics. Neither enterprise BI platforms nor typical mobile and analytics services provide enough flexibility to answer new questions quickly or adapt to new kinds of digital services or business models, which paves the way for a solution like Interana to fill that gap.”
Interana Customers Highlight Critical Need for Interactive Analytics
Democratized analytics has emerged as a core part of the digital business strategy for Interana customers, with users spanning all areas of the business — usually starting with product and spreading to marketing, sales, support, operations, engineering, UX and other teams. By enabling organizations to put data in the hands of every end user to answer their own questions about digital behavior, Interana has built a following of passionate user advocates for its product:
“As our mobile platform Team Stream expanded, we recognized the need for a deeper understanding of how people engaged with our apps. With its powerful, easy interface and blinding speed, Interana was the clear winner over traditional BI tools. Interana lets those of us in product management freely explore our data to understand how people use features with limited engineering investment.” – Ross Schwaber, Director of Product Management at Bleacher Report
“Before Interana, we used traditional BI reporting to get a very limited set of product and customer information logged through Hootsuite into a set of static reports, generated weekly and visualized through Tableau. Today, hundreds of Product Managers, UX Designers, Marketing and Sales people are using Interana to generate real time views on our time series data, eliminating the bottleneck caused by a small BI team. Interana has revolutionized real time data analysis at Hootsuite.” – Ajai Sehgal, CTO at Hootsuite
“With 456 million monthly active users using Meitu’s suite of mobile apps, we needed a powerful analytics solution that would enable us to get to know our customers on an individual level. Interana allows us to achieve new levels of granularity in the questions we ask about customer behavior, and provides us with a deeper understanding of the customer journey — something we weren’t able to do with other solutions we’ve researched before on the market.” – Fan Guo, Senior Director of Data at Meitu.
Interana empowers users across digital economy businesses such as Microsoft, Tinder, Sonos and Imgur in roles from product, growth, marketing, UX, sales, support and content to routinely and interactively explore real behavior to inform everything they do. Interana is all in one software that replays massive volumes of events across large populations of actors to answer virtually any behavioral question through an interactive visual interface married to a blindingly fast, scalable and distributed proprietary back end.